Skip to main content

Want to use federal aid to pay your fees?

Your Title IV financial aid can be used to pay for noninstitutional charges such as your parking permit or recreation fee.

A Title IV authorization form, signed by you, gives IU Indianapolis permission to use your financial aid to pay your student bill, including noninstitutional fees. Get it done to make sure your aid covers all your costs.

Types of aid you can use:

  • Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
  • Direct Loan
  • Perkins Loan
  • PLUS loan (parents or graduate students)

Sign your Title IV authorization

You’ll need to have a Title IV authorization on file for federal aid money to be applied to these charges automatically. If you don’t sign a financial aid authorization, you’ll have to wait for your financial aid refund before you can pay the remaining balance on your account, and your account might be past due.

Be sure to sign your Title IV authorization before your aid is applied to your student account (usually around 10 days before classes start).

A Title IV authorization remains in effect for your entire IU academic career unless you revoke it. It’s campus-specific, so if you transfer to another IU campus, you must sign a new authorization.

IU Indianapolis

Office of the Bursar

PO Box 6020
Indianapolis, IN 46206