Skip to main content

Using your financial aid for classes on another IU campus

You can use your aid if a course is required for your degree, not offered by your home campus, and you file a consortium agreement.

Meet these criteria

To be considered for a consortium to study at another campus, the following must apply and be verified by your academic advisor:

  • Take courses at the other campus that are required to earn your degree.
  • Have completed at least one full academic year at your home campus to take a fall or spring semester course.
  • Have completed at least one term at your home campus to study at another campus during the summer.
  • Have a clear academic purpose for attending another IU campus, such as:
    • The class isn’t offered at your home campus.
    • Your academic program requires you to attend at another campus

You can receive aid while studying at these campuses:

  • IU Bloomington
  • IU Indianapolis
  • IU East
  • IU Kokomo
  • IU Northwest
  • IU South Bend
  • IU Southeast
  • IU Columbus
  • IU Fort Wayne

How to submit your consortium agreement

First, your academic advisor must approve your proposed courses and you must both sign your form before you submit it.

If your agreement is approved, we’ll contact your host campus to collect cost of attendance information. We’ll also monitor your enrollment to make sure you remain eligible for your financial aid.

Please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships with questions or to request these forms in an accessible format.

How to use your aid

With a consortium, your aid will not disburse until 10 days before the start of your first class at any IU campus.

IU Indianapolis will not pay your host school directly for your charges. You’re responsible for paying your host school using your financial aid refund, if available, from IU Indianapolis.

IU Indianapolis

Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships

Campus Center, Room 250
420 University Blvd

Indianapolis, IN 46202